16 January 2017
The vet says there is no way to fix Sparky's paw (unless we have a pin put in) or the soft-tissue damage in the shoulder and elbow that cause her leg to stick out in a strange way. She says there might be a way to fix the pelvis, but that would require going in surgically and rebreaking the pelvis and then hoping it heals like it's supposed to. In the meantime, Sparkles' quality of life would be greatly reduced.
Therefore we are going to make her as happy as possible under the circumstances. Lots of intermittent play, nothing too hard or long. Only play with small dogs that can't bowl her over (if I had only known that a week ago!). Pain meds. Cuddles. Several short walks a day rather than three big ones. Kisses. Cuddles. Play. Love.
15 January 2017
04 January 2017
1. Sparky! It's a girl, and her full name is Louisa May Opal Sparkles, but we'll go with Sparky.
2. The Longmont Humane Society, where we adopted her.
3. Left Hand Animal Hospital for the free new-pet checkup.
4. Home carpet-cleaning machines.
6. The health and fitness professionals I work with.
7. Carrie Fisher's book, Wishful Drinking.
8. Knowing I have friends.
9. The ability to write fairly well.
10. Getting home safely in a snowstorm.