18 March 2017
1. My office.
2. Sunshine in my office.
3. The goofy dog whose picture just popped up on the screen in my office.
4. The flowers in my office.
5. The ficus tree in my office.
6. The fact that the tree made it through nearly dying in my small, cold apartment, to the large plant it is today. When I brought it to work in 2008, it just "blossomed."
7. Jasper even though he is barking right now.
8. Of course, Bear. Of course, always.
29 January 2017
1. This silly dog
2. The way my life has changed for the incredibly way better since this doggie came home to me
3. Today's beautiful, sunny, 65°F weather
4. Carrie Fisher's books
5. Having Bear's office just in the next room
6. Jasper, of course!
7. The fact that I did not drink that beetle with my Diet Coke yesterday
8. My brother, Rob, who is presently working very hard out on our deck
9. The fact that I am able to sit here in my safe home and write this on my nice computer
22 January 2017
Today's fortune is (and I'm reusing some of these slips of paper, so I may have already taken one run at this idea) "Today you should spent some time to search in yourself" [sic].
I have spent some time in introspection today, writing a couple of blog posts (I have more than one blog) and reading. Yes, I see reading as a form of introspection because I am having a conversation with myself and the author. It's not a one-way deal.
But does "search in yourself" mean something else? Is there a road map in there, that if I dig down in my mind's eye I can follow my pulse into the center of myself? If I close my eyes, I think I can do that. I think, I sense. I breath, I feel light-headed. Who is this woman sitting in this chair in this body typing with her eyes closed? Is it still me? Who is me? Am I the child, the girl, the young woman, or the 54-year-old wearing glasses and feeling the weight of time (both physically and mentally)? Is time a weight?
No, I haven't "imbibed" or "inhaled." All I did was eat a cookie...